mi·cro·busi·ness | ˈmīkrōˌbiznəs/ | noun
A single digit business, startup, cooperative or nonprofit. A force of ones. Most are non-employee enterprises requiring little capital to launch or sustain. Micros often work at home, have a niche focus and help from family or friend.
Synonyms | noun consultant, freelancer, founder, self-employed, independent contractor, entrepreneur, solopreneur, sole proprietor, musician, artist.
The state of things as they actually exist, (or existed depending on the date of the data). Take for instance a microcosm of micros—Etsy 2017.
• 77% are businesses of one.
• 97% operate out of their homes.
• 99.9% of all U.S. counties have Etsy sellers.
• $2.8B gross merchandise sales worldwide.
FACT: There are 27 million microbusinesses nationwide generating $3.5 trillion annually.
Believe it, “Micros are a bona fide force—of ones!”
Stats: Etsy 2017 Crafting the future of work: the big impact of microbusiness.
- The Red & Blue Economy. Micros are in both small towns and big cities.
- Optical delusion. Big Biz .01% Small Biz 4%. Micros 96%
Digital $9.95 . Free with Print purchase.
Print $27.95 . Includes Digital publication.
Want to be in the next Issue?
GET LISTED It’s complimentary!
Basic Guide Listing includes Your Name + Business Name + Email + Category + Description.
Email: email@example.com | Call: 651.492.8761 or 800.896.9391